GENERAL CONDITIONS OF LETTING
- The accommodation is rented for dwelling purposes only and not for any other use. The lessee cannot sub-rent the accommodation or cede his lease without the authorisation of the lessor.
- The property will be presented in a clean and tidy condition and is to be left in a similar condition. Guests are responsible for cleaning all utensils and equipment, packing of rubbish into council provided bags and bins, and replacing all consumable products, prior to departure.
- Unless claims are made within 48 hours after having taken residence in the property, it is admitted that the accommodation is in good condition.
- The tenant must be responsible and take all necessary precautions against all kinds of damages (relating to water, electricity, frost, etc.). The tenant will be responsible for costs resulting from his negligence and that of other people residing in the chalet/apartment. In addition, the tenant will have to pay for any objects damaged, broken, or lost.
- Damages/breakages and/or any additional cleaning charges or rubbish removal costs will be charged to the credit card given as guarantee or deducted from the guarantee deposit. By accepting this agreement, the lessee hereby authorises Verbier Location™ to charge for such payments under this agreement.
- No liability can be attached to Verbier Location™ for any irregularities in water, electricity, or heating facilities and, in general, Verbier Location™ cannot be held liable in default of tenure.
- Verbier Location™ reserves the right to inspect the accommodation at any time after having given notice 48 hours ahead.
- The property insurance is paid by the owner. The tenant is responsible for the insurance of his personal effects.
- The arrival and departure times are to be strictly adhered to unless agreed to by prior arrangement.
- Please note that parties, gatherings, weddings, or functions of any kind are not permitted on any properties.
- Domestic animals are not permitted except by the authorisation received directly from Verbier Location™.
- No smoking is allowed in the property. A breach of this rule will result in a fine of CHF 500. For odour removal, an additional cleaning charge may be applied. If smoking outdoors, all cigarette butts must be disposed of in the rubbish bin.
A guarantee deposit against any breakage, damage or deterioration to the rental property is required (refer to cif. 5 above). The deposit amount is outlined on the property description. The guarantee deposit is due latest at check-in and will be refundable at the latest one month after departure, less any costs incurred during your stay or cost of damages. The guarantee deposit may be paid in cash or by credit card.
PAYMENT RULES & TERMS
A deposit of 50% of the total rental amount is due to confirm the booking. The balance is due and payable 30 days prior to arrival.
FORM OF PAYMENT
Payments can be made in Swiss Francs only by bank transfer or by credit card. For long term rentals, extra charges and additional concierge services a transaction fee of 3% may be applied for credit card payments.
Bank relation / VAT number:
Bank: Credit Suisse, CH-1936 Verbier
Account holder: Verbier Hospitality SA (Verbier Location™), CH-1936 Verbier
IBAN: CH08 0483 5093 8090 9100 0
SWIFT / BIC: CRESCHZZ80A
Account no.: 938090-91
Currency: CHF – Swiss Francs
All cancellations must be made in writing and received, in our office, within the times and stipulations as specified below:
COVID-19 POLICY VALID FOR SUMMER 2021 & WINTER 2021-22 (until 30.04.2022)
- Bookings may be cancelled with no penalty (except transaction and administration fees) if cancellation is made within 3 days from the date of confirmation. This rule does not apply to reservations confirmed less than 30 days prior to the arrival date (short term bookings)
- Up to 30 days prior to arrival the cancellation fee is 50 % of the rent
- 29 – 7 days prior to arrival the cancellation fee is 80 % of the rent
- 6 – 0 days prior to arrival the cancellation fee is 100 % of the rent
- No refund is granted for early departure
- In case of a lockdown, travel restrictions, etc. due to a pandemic situation such as or similar to COVID-19 and as long as the restrictions were not known at the time of the booking, a cancellation is possible free of charge. When a new restriction is introduced, the renter will be informed by VL and will have a deadline of 48 hours to confirm or cancel the booking.
Refund (under deduction of administration and transaction charges) is guaranteed in full or calculated on a “pro rata temporis” basis in case of a cancellation during the stay.
COMPENSATION REGULATIONS – SPECIFICATION – PANDEMIC – COVID -19:
Only an official binding measure issued by the government which prevents the Customer from using their accommodation is considered grounds for compensation. The following are considered examples of binding measures issued by the government:
- Partial or total lockdown within Switzerland resulting in the closure of leisure facilities, including cable cars and ski lifts
- Partial or total lockdown in the Customer’s country of origin
- Quarantine imposed by Switzerland on arrival or quarantine imposed by the Customer’s country of origin on return, meaning it is not reasonable to travel.
Verbier Location™ cannot be held responsible for the absence of a Customer if this is due to reasons which are nonbinding (such as precautionary measures, recommendations not to travel, etc.) or non-governmental (personal reasons, illness, etc.). It is the Customer’s responsibility to take out proper insurance against such risks and in this case, the Customer alone is responsible for the non-use of their apartment. In such a situation, under no circumstances is the Customer entitled to any compensation, even partial.
Verbier Location™ strongly recommends subscribing to a relevant insurance policy.
If requested payments are not completed in time, Verbier Location™ reserves the right to cancel the booking. The cancellation fees listed above will be applied.
Should events arise beyond the control and responsibility of Verbier Location™ regarding the availability of the booked property, then any confirmed booking may be cancelled by Verbier Location™, in which event all monies paid as deposit shall be refunded in full, and the lessee shall have no further claims against Verbier Location™.
In case of litigation, the court of law will be in Verbier-Bagnes. Swiss law is applicable.